School yearbooks are a collection of memories which will stay with students, parents and teachers forever. Fast Proof Press is proud to be Australia’s leading provider of school yearbooks, printing thousands of yearbooks for leading Australian schools every year.
Our leading technology and extensive experience means we can provide the fastest turn around and best quality product Australia has to offer – all at prices that are highly competitive with overseas production.
“Our long relationship has been very beneficial for our company and we have been very pleased with the quality of the many items we have ordered and re-ordered through Fast Proof Press.”
– Karen Ellis, Marketing and Communications Manager, The Southport School
School memories never fade away with a printed yearbook. Your school yearbook is a way of recording the present so that those in the future can reminisce about the past.
In a digital world, a printed yearbook that can be held in your hands and shared with friends and family is still a treasured piece of memorabilia. Create a yearbook that the community who surrounds your school will be proud of while students can treasure their memories forever.
Fast Proof Press tips for planning your yearbook.
Staring at a blank page and don’t quite know where to start? No worries, we’ve got you.
- Start compiling photos and articles from day one of the school year.
- Create a style guide. Keep it clean. Choose a font and design a paragraph style for headers, paragraphs, dot points, captions and stick to it. Set a margin and keep your content and paragraphs within columns on the page.
- Form a yearbook committee. Delegate roles to different staff and students.
- Set a production schedule with key dates marked throughout the year
- Choose when your school yearbook should be printed. Should it be early the following year so you can collect more content? Or just before Christmas. Let us know when you want to go to print so we can help you make your deadline.
- Collect photos from teachers, parents and students. Parents like to see lots of photos. And they want them to be diverse, so you will want to be collecting photos from a number of different people. To ensure photos do not diminish in size due to sending, therefore affecting the quality, you must ensure a system is in place for collecting photos. We suggest using file sharing platforms such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
“Coomera Anglican College has worked with Fast Proof Press for the past ten years for our Yearbook. As a College we strive to have our Yearbook ready to hand out to Year 12 students on their last day. This means very tight deadlines and turn around timeframes for printing and delivery. Fast Proof Press and Kate work with us through every step of the process; checking in, identifying deadlines and proofing processes. They go above and beyond to ensure that they are able to deliver.”
– Aimee Bartlett, Marketing & Communications Manager – Coomera Anglican College
What should you include in your school yearbook?
- Lots of photos. Students love to see everything they’ve done throughout the year and there’s something special about having their memories printed and inside a book.
- Special Awards. Acknowledgment of any special awards to the school, teachers, staff or students.
- Official School Events. Photos of all official school events such as Book Fair, Sports & Swimming Carnivals, Grandparents Day, Graduation Ceremonies, Plays etc
- Graduating Class. Special coverage of the graduating class, such as a grade group photo and special events and favourite memories of their time at the school. A fun idea is to show their kindergarten photos next to their latest school photos.
- Local Business Ads and Parent ads. A good way to find sponsorship for your school yearbook is to allow local businesses to purchase ad space. Parents could also purchase a space to give special recognition to their children, usually used for graduates,
- Favourite Quotes Page Sprinkle favourite quotes around or have a spread dedicated to them.
- Share top moments of the year. We’re there any big moments in the year? For example the Olympics, a favourite song that came out, or maybe a student did something that should be recognised. Capture some of these moments, big and small, and feature them on a single page. This will be an awesome page for students to look back on in years to come.
- Autograph Pages. Autograph pages are a must for any yearbook.
- Highlight student trends. You know that word that every. Single. Student. Would say, like ‘yeet’ or ‘yolo’. Or that dance that went viral? Students will be sure to get a laugh when they go back to their yearbooks in years to come.
- Augmented Reality. There’s a trend in a lot of contemporary yearbooks to include Augmented Reality using a mobile phone app scans the page and brings images to life, just like the moving paintings on Harry Potter. This could be a perfect way to show any videos that have been made throughout the year.
- Student Artworks and creative writing pieces
- Hold a cover competition. Give students the opportunity to submit their artworks and photography.
Dan from Fast Proof Press has been wonderful to deal with, helping us getting our 2019 Yearbook to print quickly after delays from our end. He dealt directly with our Graphic Designer when our final draft was complete and our super quick turnaround time for printing over 1,000 books is fantastic. Thanks Dan, we will continue using FPP!
– Toni Abberton, Communications Officer – Emmaus College